Thursday, October 25, 2007

Famous painting

Famous painting
Against what?"
"The powers that be! All the silly pettifogging rules and regulations that hamper us all nowadays. The interesting thing is there's always a way round them if you're smart enough to find it. And you're smart. Come now, does the idea appeal to you?"
"Possibly."
Lucy manoeuvred the car into the stableyard.
"Not going to commit yourself?"
"I'd have to hear more."
"Frankly, my dear girl, I could use you. You've got the sort of manner that's invaluable – creates confidence."
"Do you want me to help you sell gold bricks?"
Famous painting
Nothing so risky. Just a little by-passing of the law - no more." His hand slipped up her arm. "You're damned attractive girl, Lucy. I'd like you as a partner."
"I'm flattered."
"Meaning nothing doing? Think about it. Think of the fun, the pleasure you'd get out of outwitting all the sobersides. The trouble is, one needs capital."
"I'm afraid I haven't got any."
Famous painting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Famous painting

Anonymous said...

Famous painting
rterst

Anonymous said...

Famous painting
hgjghjgh