Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Gustav Klimt The Kiss

Gustav Klimt The Kiss
"I was playing dominoes that evening!" "You play dominoes very well,I believe." Mr Cust was a little flurried by this. "I-I-well,I believe I do." "It is a very absorbing game,is it not,with a lot of skill in it?" "Oh,there's a lot of play in it-a lot of play!We used to play a lot inthe city,in the lunch hour.You'd be surprised the way total strangers cometogether over a game of dominoes." He chuckled. "I remember one man-I've never forgotten him because of something hetold me-we just got talking over a cup of coffee,and we starteddominoes.Well,I felt after twenty minutes that I'd known that man all mylife." "What was it that he told you?"asked Poirot.
Gustav Klimt The Kiss
Mr Cust's face clouded over. "It gave me a turn-a nasty turn.Talking of your fate being written inyour hand,he was.And he showed me his hand and the lines that showed he'dhave two near escapes of being drowned-and he had had two near escapes.Andthen he looked at mine and he told me some amazing things.Said I was goingto be one of the most celebrated men in England before I died.Said the wholdcountry would be talking about me.But he said-he said......" Mr Cust broke down-faltered...... "Yes?" Poirot's gaze held a quiet magnetism.Mr Cust looked at him,looked away,then back again like a fascinated rabbit.
Gustav Klimt The Kiss

3 comments:

Shaopeng Cai said...

Gustav Klimt The Kiss

Shaopeng Cai said...

Gustav Klimt The Kiss

Anonymous said...

Gustav Klimt The Kiss
fghdfgh