Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mother and Child

Mother and Child
My Sweet Rose painting
Naiade oil painting
Nighthawks Hopper
Nude on the Beach
¡¡¡¡In pursuance of my aunt's kind scheme, I was shortly afterwards fitted out with a handsome purse of money, and a portmanteau, and tenderly dismissed upon my expedition. At parting, my aunt gave me some good advice, and a good many kisses; and said that as her object was that I should look about me, and should think a little, she would recommend me to stay a few days in London, if I liked it, either on my way down into Suffolk, or in coming back. In a word, I was at liberty to do what I would, for three weeks or a month; and no other conditions were imposed upon my freedom than the before-mentioned thinking and looking about me, and a pledge to write three times a week and faithfully report myself. ¡¡¡¡I went to Canterbury first, that I might take leave of Agnes and Mr. Wickfield (my old room in whose house I had not yet relinquished), and also of the good Doctor. Agnes was
oil painting
very glad to see me, and told me that the house had not been like itself since I had left it. ¡¡¡¡'I am sure I am not like myself when I am away,' said I. 'I seem to want my right hand, when I miss you. Though that's not saying much; for there's no head in my right hand, and no heart. Everyone who knows you, consults with you, and is guided by you, Agnes.' ¡¡¡¡'Everyone who knows me, spoils me, I believe,' she answered, smiling. ¡¡¡¡'No. it's because you are like no one else. You are so good, and so sweet-tempered. You have such a gentle nature, and you are always right.' ¡¡¡¡'You talk,' said Agnes, breaking into a pleasant laugh, as she sat at work, 'as if I were the late Miss Larkins.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Mother and Child"
还没有评论。 - 显示原始文章