Tuesday, December 25, 2007

the polish rider

the polish rider
The Sacrifice of Abraham painting
The Three Ages of Woman
The Virgin and Child with St Anne
¡¡¡¡'And, Peggotty,' says I, 'I shall be glad to see you, and I'll make you as welcome as a queen.' ¡¡¡¡'Bless your dear heart!' cried Peggotty. 'I know you will!' And she kissed me beforehand, in grateful acknowledgement of my hospitality. After that, she covered her head up with her apron again and had another laugh about Mr. Barkis. After that, she took the baby out of its little cradle, and nursed it. After that, she cleared the dinner table; after that, came in with another cap on, and her work-box,
oil painting
and the yard-measure, and the bit of wax-candle, all just the same as ever. ¡¡¡¡We sat round the fire, and talked delightfully. I told them what a hard master Mr. Creakle was, and they pitied me very much. I told them what a fine fellow Steerforth was, and what a patron of mine, and Peggotty said she would walk a score of miles to see him. I took the little baby in my arms when it was awake, and nursed it lovingly. When it was asleep again, I crept close to my mother's side

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"the polish rider"
还没有评论。 - 显示原始文章

Anonymous said...

"Venus and Cupid"
1 条评论 - 显示原始文章