Wednesday, December 26, 2007

the polish rider

the polish rider
The Sacrifice of Abraham painting
The Three Ages of Woman
The Virgin and Child with St Anne
The Water lily Pond
'If I had you for my guardian, Mr. Peggotty,' said I, shaking my head, 'I don't think I should FEEL much like it.' ¡¡¡¡'Well said, Mas'r Davy bor'!' cried Ham, in an ecstasy. 'Hoorah! Well said! Nor more you wouldn't! Hor! Hor!' - Here he returned Mr. Peggotty's back-hander, and little Em'ly got up and kissed Mr. Peggotty. 'And how's your friend, sir?' said Mr. Peggotty to me. ¡¡¡¡'Steerforth?' said I. ¡¡¡¡'That's the name!' cried Mr. Peggotty, turning to Ham. 'I knowed it was something in our way.' ¡¡¡¡'You said it was Rudderford,' observed Ham, laughing. ¡¡¡¡'Well!' retorted Mr. Peggotty. 'And ye steer with a rudder, don't ye?
oil painting
It ain't fur off. How is he, sir?' ¡¡¡¡'He was very well indeed when I came away, Mr. Peggotty.' ¡¡¡¡'There's a friend!' said Mr. Peggotty, stretching out his pipe. 'There's a friend, if you talk of friends! Why, Lord love my heart alive, if it ain't a treat to look at him!' ¡¡¡¡'He is very handsome, is he not?' said I, my heart warming with this praise. ¡¡¡¡'Handsome!' cried Mr. Peggotty. 'He stands up to you like - like a - why I don't know what he don't stand up to you like. He's so bold!' ¡¡¡¡'Yes! That's just his character,' said I. 'He's as brave as a lion, and you can't think how frank he is, Mr. Peggotty.' ¡¡¡¡'And I do suppose, now,' said Mr. Peggotty, looking at me through the smoke of his pipe, 'that in the way of book-larning he'd take the wind out of a'most anything.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"the polish rider"
还没有评论。 - 显示原始文章

Anonymous said...

the polish rider