Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Greek Beauty

A Greek Beauty
A Lily Pond
Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
American Day Dream
¡¡¡¡ "Well, Fanny, and if the plan were not unpleasant to you, I should call it an excellent one." ¡¡¡¡ "Oh, cousin!" ¡¡¡¡ "It has everything else in its favour. My aunt is acting like a sensible woman in wishing for you. She is choosing a friend and companion exactly where she ought, and I am glad her love of money does not interfere. You will be what you ought to be to her. I hope it does not distress you very much, Fanny?" ¡¡¡¡ "Indeed it does:
oil painting
I cannot like it. I love this house and everything in it: I shall love nothing there. You know how uncomfortable I feel with her." ¡¡¡¡ "I can say nothing for her manner to you as a child; but it was the same with us all, or nearly so. She never knew how to be pleasant to children. But you are now of an age to be treated better; I think she is behaving better already; and when you are her only companion, you _must_ be important to her." ¡¡¡¡ "I can never be important to any one." ¡¡¡¡ "What is to prevent you?" ¡¡¡¡ "Everything. My situation, my foolishness and awkwardness."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Greek Beauty"