Thursday, May 15, 2008

Decorative painting

Decorative painting
"We've a new lodger!" she cried. "And - and, Bunting? He's quite the gentleman! He actually offered to pay four weeks in advance, at two guineas a week."
"No, never!"
Bunting moved quickly round the table, and together they stood there, fascinated by the little heap of gold. "But there's ten sovereigns here," he said suddenly.
"Yes, the gentleman said I'd have to buy some things for him to-morrow. And, oh, Bunting, he's so well spoken, I really felt that - I really felt that - " and then Mrs. Bunting, taking a step or two sideways, sat down, and throwing her little black apron over her face burst into gasping sobs.
Bunting patted her back timidly. "Ellen?" he said, much moved by her agitation, "Ellen? Don't take on so, my dear - "
"I won't," she sobbed, "I - I won't! I'm a fool - I know I am! But, oh, I didn't think we was ever going to have any luck again!"

No comments: