Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gustav Klimt Painting

Gustav Klimt Painting
Is Mademoiselle getting better?" I immediately asked.
"Yes ,"he said. "She will be saved perhaps. She must be saved!"
He did not add "or it will be my death"; but I felt that the phrase trembled on his pale lips.
Rouletabille intervened:
"You are in a hurry, Monsieur; but I must speak with you. I have something of the greatest importance to tell you."
Frederic Larsan interrupted:
"May I leave you?" he asked of Robert Darzac. "Have you a key, or do you wish me to give you this one."
"Thank you. I have a key and will lock the gate."
Larsan hurried off in the direction of the chateau, the imposing pile of which could be perceived a few hundred yards away.
Robert Darzac, with knit brow, was beginning to show impatience. I presented Rouletabille as a good friend of mine, but, as soon as he learnt that the young man was a journalist, he looked at me very reproachfully, excused himself, under the necessity of having to reach Epinay in twenty minutes, bowed, and whipped

No comments: