Friday, June 13, 2008

Jacques-Louis David Napoleon at the St. Bernard Pass painting

Jacques-Louis David Napoleon at the St. Bernard Pass painting
William Bouguereau The Wave painting
Basta; content thee, for I have it full.We have not yet been seen in any house,Nor can we lie distinguish'd by our facesFor man or master; then it follows thus;Thou shalt be master, Tranio, in my stead,Keep house and port and servants as I should:I will some other be, some Florentine,Some Neapolitan, or meaner man of Pisa.'Tis hatch'd and shall be so: Tranio, at onceUncase thee; take my colour'd hat and cloak:When Biondello comes, he waits on thee;But I will charm him first to keep his tongue.
TRANIO
So had you need.In brief, sir, sith it your pleasure is,And I am tied to be obedient;For so your father charged me at our parting,'Be serviceable to my son,' quoth he,Although I think 'twas in another sense;I am content to be Lucentio,Because so well I love Lucentio.
LUCENTIO
Tranio, be so, because Lucentio loves:And let me be a slave, to achieve that maidWhose sudden sight hath thrall'd my wounded eye.Here comes the rogue.

No comments: