Tuesday, November 27, 2007

art painting gallery

art painting gallery
art deco painting
pop art painting
As she went up the garden-path she heard her mother singing by the back door, coming in sight of which she perceived Mrs Durbeyfield on the doorstep in the act of wringing a sheet. Having performed this without observing Tess, she went indoors, and her daughter followed her. ¡¡¡¡The washing-tub stood in the same old place on the same old quarter-hogshead, and her mother, having thrown the sheet aside, was about to plunge her arms in anew. ¡¡¡¡`Why - Tess! - my chil' - I thought you was married! - married really and truly this time - we sent the cider--' ¡¡¡¡`Yes, mother; so I am.' ¡¡¡¡`Going to be?' ¡¡¡¡`No - I am married.' ¡¡¡¡`Married! Then where's thy husband?' ¡¡¡¡`Oh, he's gone away for a time.' ¡¡¡¡`Gone away! When was you married, then? The day you said?' ¡¡¡¡`Yes, Tuesday, mother.' ¡¡¡¡`And now 'tis on'y Saturday, and he gone away?' ¡¡¡¡`Yes; he's gone.' ¡¡¡¡`What's the meaning o' that? `Nation seize such husbands as you seem to get, say I!' ¡¡¡¡`Mother!' Tess went across to Joan Durbeyfield, laid her face upon the matron's bosom, and burst into sobs. `I don't know how to tell 'ee, mother! You said to me, and wrote to me, that I was not to tell him. But I did tell him - I couldn't help it - and he went away!' ¡¡¡¡`O you little fool - you little fool!' burst out Mrs Durbeyfield, splashing Tess and herself in her agitation. `My good God! that ever I should ha' lived to say it, but I say it again, you little fool!' ¡¡¡¡Tess was convulsed with weeping, the tension of so many days having relaxed at last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

art painting gallery

Anonymous said...

art painting gallery
fdgxdrt