Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
girl with a pearl earring vermeer
Gustav Klimt Kiss painting
Head of Christ
Well--about not seeing him again any more. Come--you really mean this?" There was something in Phillotson's tone now which seemed to show that his three months of remarriage with Sue had somehow not been so satisfactory as his magnanimity or amative patience had anticipated. ¡¡¡¡ "Yes, yes!" ¡¡¡¡ "Perhaps you'll swear it on the New Testament?" ¡¡¡¡ "I will." ¡¡¡¡ He went back to the room and brought out a little brown Testament. "Now then: So help you God!" ¡¡¡¡ She swore. ¡¡¡¡ "Very good!" ¡¡¡¡ "Now I supplicate you, Richard, to whom I belong, and whom I wish to honour and obey, as I vowed, to let me in." ¡¡¡¡ "Think it over well. You know what it means. Having you back in the house was one thing--this another. So think again." ¡¡¡¡ "I have thought--I wish this!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may