Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hylas and the Nymphs

Hylas and the Nymphs
klimt painting the kiss
leonardo da vinci self portrait
"That's a complaisant spirit--and perhaps you are right. With a lover hanging about, a half-marriage should be completed. But I repeat my reminder this third and last time." ¡¡¡¡ "It is my wish! ... O God!" ¡¡¡¡ "What did you say 'O God' for?" ¡¡¡¡ "I don't know!" ¡¡¡¡ "Yes you do! But ..." He gloomily considered her thin and fragile form a moment longer as she crouched before him in her night-clothes. "Well, I thought it might end like this," he said presently. "I owe you nothing, after these signs; but I'll take you in at your word, and forgive you." ¡¡¡¡ He put his arm round her to lift her up. Sue started back. ¡¡¡¡ "What's the matter?" he asked, speaking for the first time sternly. "You shrink from me again?--just as formerly!" ¡¡¡¡ "No, Richard--I-- I--was not thinking----" ¡¡¡¡ "You wish to come in here?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hylas and the Nymphs